Denver Personal Injury Attorney

Rollover Crashed CarCar accidents can be a frightening ordeal. The memories of the accident and the trauma you sustained can live with you long after your injuries are fully healed. In some cases, accident victims can suffer a particularly debilitating mental condition known as Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. Post-traumtic stress disorder often accompanies catastrophic accidents, such as car crashes, trucking accidents, and assaults. While anyone can develop PTSD after an accident, studies have shown that victims who have already been in a car accident may be at a greater risk for developing PTSD.

If you or a loved one has been through a traumatic car accident, it is important to recognize the signs of PTSD so you can seek medical help immediately. It’s also important to contact an experienced Denver personal injury attorney who may be able to help you receive compensation for your injuries.

Signs of PTSD

Signs of post-traumatic stress disorder often include:

·         Avoidance

·         Flashbacks

·         Feelings of guilt, depression, or anxiety

·         Hyper-arousal

·         Panic Attacks

·         Nightmares

Even though any car crash can trigger PTSD, there are real challenges for a claimant who is trying to get compensation for this type of injury. If you have been in a car accident and are suffering from PTSD, contact our Denver law firm today and let one of our experienced personal injury attorneys assist you in recovering damages for your psychological injury and associated medical costs.

Categories of PTSD

Most victims with PTSD will display symptoms that fit into one of three categories:

  • Acute: Symptoms last for less than 3 months
  • Chronic: Symptoms last for between 3 and 6 months
  • Delayed: Symptoms last for longer than 6 months

Unfortunately, children and the elderly are at an increased risk for developing PTSD. It is also more likely that their cases will go undiagnosed or be diagnosed later than others.

Denver Personal Injury Attorney Robert PaysingerAfter a traumatic accident, be sure to monitor you and your loved ones closely for signs of PTSD and contact your physician immediately if you believe someone is suffering from PTSD. Your doctor will be able to prescribe a treatment to help you combat PTSD. You may benefit from seeing a psychiatrist or psychologist to work through your feelings after an accident. Your psychiatrist can also prescribe medications to help combat debilitating depression and anxiety.


Fill out the form below and an attorney will contact you regarding your case within 24 hours.

Preferred Method Of Contact:

*Required Fields